Wednesday, April 17, 2013

1,000 Paper Cranes

Isn't that an awesome sight?!  A couple of days ago this surprise package arrived for me with over 1,000 paper cranes.  I was incredibly humbled by this outpouring of love and support!  My longtime friend Ashlie organized the effort.  These cranes were folded by family members, friends through the years, and people I  have never met.  They were accompanied by several personal notes, the book "1,000 Paper Cranes", and a quilt that someone had made for Clara.  Absolutely amazing.  I continue to feel so indebted as so many people have reached out in various ways the last few months.  I hope people know -- those we have met and many we haven't -- how grateful and inspired we are by prayers, monetary donations, meals, rides, paper cranes, etc.  I think the best way to show our gratitude is to change the way we serve; to serve more often, more willingly, and with guided direction from the Lord, as so many of you have done. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment